Thursday, April 01, 2010

Does this make us a BIG CITY too?

We have officially become a redneck town.  And we no longer have to go to Anchorage to get to the big city.
We have a Walmart. Ugh!


Being the loyal person I am, this is causing me a struggle. My step-mom has worked for a local grocery store for over 20 years. One of my closest friends here in town owns a small-town grocery store that has been around longer than I have lived here.  So I've made the decision not to purchase my groceries at the Walmart. It will save me a bit of time (it is 2 minutes from my house) and money on other things.   I won't have to travel to the Fred Meyer in Soldotna for household items and the like.

Interestingly enough, my step-mom also works for Frito Lay and she had to help them out at the Grand opening yesterday.  Cali, who's been waiting for this day for a l-o-n-g time had great fun with the many characters wondering around the store. Well, that and she got to buy a TOY! Bigger Ugghh!



The worst part about Walmart moving in is that my girls feel they can ride their bikes a mile down the road and shop whenever they want to. Biggest Uggghhh!

Would you be excited?

2 comments:

5orangepotatoes said...

Twinkie the Kid? Seriously?

Heck no, wouldn't be happy at all! Walmart stinks!

lisa

Christie said...

Lisa, I'm not thrilled either and especially because they took so many trees down for no good reason! :(