Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wordless Wednesday 03-31

Well, not really wordless (I'm not very good at that am I).  This is my sweet Aunt Diane.  She has MS. She lives in NY, very far from most of her family.  Her boys and one of her brother's live nearby but are busy with their own families.

My Mom loves her so very much and it makes my heart sad that they don't live closer.  My mom visits Aunt Diane as often as her own busy schedule allows but it's never enough.  Sister's should live close, don't you think?

Aunt Diane is pretty much confined to bed or wheelchair (and even this isn't easy) and yet she almost always wears a sweet disposition in the smile on her face. I'm posting this picture as a forever reminder that when things seem bothersome, frustrating, irritating, and annoying I really need to take a step back, dig deep for a sunny smile and be grateful to be alive.  If my Aunt Diane can do it, so can I!

No comments: