Monday, January 18, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook 01-18



FOR TODAY 2010-01-18

Outside my window... It's winter. And it's cold. Still.

I am thinking...about middle school girls and how hard it is to maneuver life through the middle school years.

I am thankful for...communication. I work desperately hard to keep the lines of communication open with my girls and my husband. It's hard but I am convinced it will be worth if and it is daily!

From the learning rooms...the big girls are doing an amazing hob at school. We are working together to stay on top of things. Cali and I are as busy as ever. She is going to be awesome in kindergarten.

From the kitchen...I made some banana bread muffins last night that were so good, I wish I had more over-ripe bananas. There are only a couple left.

I am wearing...jammies still. Off to the shower as soon as I type this up.

I am creating...my new space in the kitchen. Not really creating anything with it, more organizing it instead.

I am going...no plans for travel. Maybe I will be heading to the creek with the kids today on a walking field trip. We'll see.

I am reading...getting ready to begin The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks. It will be my first experience at a reading club. Not sure what to do but I suppose I will be finding out. It's an online thing.

I am praying for...my friend Bev. She is still unconscious. It's been about a month now. I suppose the prognosis is bleak but I am still faithful that what is happening is what is meant to be.

I am hearing...Cali playing with Wren. We are so lucky this boy is a part of our family!

Around the house...It's as hectic as ever. Always things happening; just the way I like it.

One of my favorite things...watching Cali help Daddy yesterday.

A few plans for the rest of the week...taking the decoration off the tree finally. Cassi insists we are leaving the actual tree up 'til Valentine's day. I have to switch the decorations.

A photo for sharing...

I was bored in the car wash. Isn't this a cool picture?

To read more daybook's take a look here.

No comments: