Friday, June 12, 2009

Vanilla Cake with Chocolate Chips

I am a cookbook-oholic. I love to read cookbooks. Even those little ones at the end of the grocery counter that come out every week. Love them. Love recipes of any sort really. I try to find recipes I know my family will love but I also like the ones that have things in them I don't think they like at all but that I can make without them noticing.

Recently I bought a HUGE bottle of pure Vanilla. There was a recipe on the box. After reading it I thought I'd give it a go. Wow, 12 hours later, only 1 slice left. :)

In case you never buy the HUGE box and haven't seen the recipe, here it is:
1 yellow cake mix
1 package (3 1/2 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
1 cup sour cream ( I used light)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
4 eggs
1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
1 cup mini chocolate chips (I used the swirled white/ chocolate kind because it's what I had on hand)

Throw everything into your mixer except the chocolate chips and mix until well blended.
Stir in the chocolate chips
Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan
Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes

Glaze:
3 tbsp. melted butter
2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
3 tbsp. water
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix until very smooth and let stand to thicken. (Mine was a little thick so I threw in a few drops of water until I liked the consistency.)

Wait for cake to cool then glaze.
Put it on your cake plate and watch it go!

No comments: