Friday, June 12, 2009

A GREAT Kitchen Day

I had a great kitchen day on Wednesday. :) Better than I've had in quite a while.
I already told you about the uber-moist vanilla cake,-seriously, you ought to try it- so I figure I should give you the recipe to what has become one of my very favorite dinners.


It is fattening, but it has fresh spinach so we'll call it healthy.

Vermicelli with sausage and spinach
1 pound cooked smoked sausage (I cut mine into little slices)
3/4 C. chopped onion
2 large cloves garlic, chopped
2 t. olive oil
2 14 ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/4 C. water
8 ounces dried vermicelli or angel hair pasta broken in half
1 9 ounce package fresh pre-washed baby spinach
1/4 t. freshly ground pepper
1/3 cup whipping cream


In a 4 quart dutch oven, cook sausage, onion and garlic in hot oil over medium-high heat until onion is tender and sausage lightly browned.
Add broth and water; bring to boiling. Add pasta; cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add spinach and pepper; cook about 1 minute more or until spinach is wilted. Stir in cream. Serve immediately.

Let me know if you try this. I promise you will love it. IT IS SO GOOD!

After I get pictures this afternoon from our next batch of Dandy honey, I will tell you about that too!

No comments: