Thursday, September 09, 2010

Tennis Anyone?

As you know, last Thursday started a little rough for Miss Cali.  Once I got her to school however, I think things settled down.  Coming home- that was a different story. Once she got in the car after school. She got a bit whiny. I wasn't really sure what I was in for once we got home.

I opened the front door and she marched right into the living room, making a bee0line for the couch where she promptly turned on the television. I was sort of following her on my way to the laundry room to fold the load of clothes in the dryer. I sort of half-heard what was on TV, so I asked her, "What are you doing?"

She replied, "Watching TV."
"What are you watching?", I asked.

"Tennis!", said she.
"Why tennis?", I asked.

"It was what came on", she told me.  (Now keep in mind, she was staring straight ahead, speaking in a monotone.)

"Do you always watch whatever is on?"

"Not if it's scary"  she replied.

"So you just gonna sit there and watch tennis???"

"Yup!"

And she did, even as her little worn out body slumped over to the side, onto the arm of the couch, to tired to move. 

~Love~

:)

No comments: