Sunday, October 19, 2008

Hay Maze

We went to the Hay Maze after Cali's McD's dinner. We have been going to this since my oldest two girls were in preschool. I can't believe it's been that long but it has. It is always a ton of fun.

Now that Cori and Cassi are older they slip on their headlamps and head for the tunnel.

Every year I wait for Grandpa or Scott to go through a time or two and then someone leads me down the path. Since Scott was gone this year, Grandpa had the great pleasure.

Before taking me he took Rocky through.

This was his first time. I think he is glad he did it but was not keen on doing it twice. In his defense, he is a big guy.
At some places in the tunnel, where I kind of turn around to go feet first, his only option was to go head first.

I am sure this changes the experience a bit.

I didn't think to take a pocket camera and couldn't really carry mine through the tunnel so I didn't get any pictures deep inside the twists and turns. It takes a good 5 minutes or so to get through if you know where you are going and you are 40 or over. :) I can't imagine going through with out a light(which many others do) or leading the way the first time. No way, not me. That being said, I always feel like I've kind of accomplished something when the night is done and I've made it through at least once. So, another year down. Who Hoo!

Here is Amber coming out.

Cassi and Grandpa at the fireman's pole.

Cori getting ready to go down the pole.

Cori and friends after going through, re-fueling for the next trip.


Don't you want to come out and play?

No comments: