Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Making Friends

Last year the girls and I participated in our first ever swap. I thought it would be a nice experience for them, kind of along the lines of a pen pal. I also thought it might be fun for whomever we were matched with since we were from Alaska and I imagined it wasn't everyday people met other people from here.

It turned out so fun. Our first swap was a Christmas book swap. Cali was matched with a little guy from down South. Actually not too far from where our Grandma lives.

After the swap Cali talked often about Sam so a few months later his Mom and I decided we would swap a little package again. And a new friendship was created. Cali still talks about Sam, like she's known him forever!

We decided to do a little book swap again this year. Cali received hers from Sam the other day. She was so excited. I sat her down in front of the tree and she went to town on the package.

It included a book titled Stick Kid and also It's a Wonderful Life for Kids. The Stick Kid book rolls off the tongue so easily and it has instantly become a Cali favorite. I hear it is also one of Sam's favorites and I can see why.

It's a Wonderful Life is my most favorite Christmas movie ever so it was extra special to read the book to Cali.

I am so glad we leaped into doing the book swap last year. I really believe Cali will have a far-away friend for years to come. And what a nice family to befriend!

1 comment:

4 Lettre Words said...

Such a sweet post, my friend! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to visit.

We pray that all of you have a wonderfully blessed New Year!!