Friday, March 11, 2011

amongst friends #70

The Letter "A"


The Letter A

It’s the first week of our alphabet theme. What did you all think?  Did you find it easier to do or a bit harder to decide on one thing?  I personally had a bit of a hard time and because I was having yet more problems with my computer.  I had my picture ready to go on Sunday but changed it just today since I hadn’t posted it yet. There is that slight advantage in being the person making the collage. J

Did you notice we have a new player this week?  It’s my sister-in-law Vicki.  Her picture is of her Granddaughter Alexis who is a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e! Here she is getting her first haircut.  Can we all say…awwww!

Kelly sent in a picture of an azalea bush in her backyard that is currently in full bloom. She told me she wished it bloomed more that once a year. It’s so beautiful I can see why.

Karen mentioned having a hard time choosing what to photograph. I think she made a great choice and this picture looks fabulous!

I feel like my picture (animal) is a weak connection to the letter A but…this moose was so close!  I took the screen out of my living room window so I could lean out of it to take the picture.  If this gal had decided I was annoying, I am sure she might have got to me before I could get myself back in the window.

Cassi was very proud of her reading average a couple weeks ago. When I told her to look for an A picture, she knew right away what it would be. When she came back with this picture I laughed a little. She struggled the previous quarter with her grades (for all the wrong reasons) so she was very happy to show of this report!

Jerri’s picture of these Alize bottles makes me want to try it, just so I will have the bottle to re-purpose. It’s also the name of her dog. I am sensing there is a story hidden there somewhere, what do you all think?

Janice said “For the life of me I couldn’t find an “A” picture, I was looking everywhere, apple? No…artichoke? No…I was ready to give up when I opened my spice cabinet and there they were right before my eyes.  J

Sheila took a picture of an angel her mom gave to her.

Renee’ and Joanne had similar ideas and I thought it was quite funny. They each took pictures of people they work with.  April works with Joanne and Alex works with Renee’

Mady’s picture is full of A-ness.  She said, “It's of awesome aqua antique artifacts, I wasn't satisfied with just one thing beginning with A! Aqua is among my favorite colors, making this a pretty easy decision. This typewriter is so much fun to photograph because there's so many possibilities and it's a wonderful shade of blue, just a touch darker than the wall in my bedroom. I could go on and on about the color turquoise -- though for your readers' sakes, I'll stop here.”  Great job Mady, Be thinking “B”.

Sandy sent in a great picture this week and once again enlightens us a little about her country.  She said “I went to Guildford last week to visit my son who is in uni.  Even though it was pouring rain, I hoped to find something suitably unique to the UK to
send for an A photo.

So, I was quite pleased to discover this sculpture near the car park! It is about Alice and the White Rabbit. It was made in 1984 by Edwin Russell, local sculptor, to celebrate Guildford's connections with Lewis Carroll and shows the opening scene of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. She is with her sister and has just spotted the white rabbit.

I love Debbie’s picture this week.  I rarely see a picture of a mushroom I don’t like and this is no exception. Debbie had this to say, “I was desperate for some fresh air last summer after months of rain.  I figured I'd find something worthwhile to take a picture of so I grabbed my camera and headed out into the rain.  I found so many as yet unidentified mushrooms so that became the theme for my walk in the rain.  This one is unmistakable.  The Amanita is one of the most poisonous mushrooms we have here and they are very plentiful.”   

I saved Cori’s picture for last. I was quite proud of her connection to the letter. She chose to take a picture of a medal for achievement. I have a two-part admiration, 1.) She missed the final game of this tournament that her team won. Her Dad and I have long discussed how sad this made us for her. We wondered if it made her sad too but it evident that she feels a part of the win and that makes me so happy! 2.) Achievement isn’t a word used commonly or on a daily basis. I can’t wait to see where she goes with “B”

Truthfully, I am excited to see where everyone goes. I sincerely look forward to seeing everyone else’s pictures as much I enjoy taking my own. Is it the same for you?  I hope so.

Since this is going up so late, I don’t want you to be confused. I still want “B” pictures by Sunday morning. J  I will get this computer issue fixed eventually. Have a great weekend!

Cheers,
Christie

No comments: