Tuesday, March 01, 2011

amongst friends #69

LOVE~




Well, I am in the depths of fundraising, soccer tryouts and drama, drama, drama! I’m seriously just hoping to survive the week. Come Saturday I may just collapse. Don’t try to rouse me, I may just slap you.  Just Kidding.

I really enjoyed all the pictures submitted this week. And we even have a new player this week.  Kelly O. sent in her first picture and the story she sent with it is really sweet. She said “When Danny and I were planning our wedding I asked him about the unity candle and he told me he didn't want a unity candle for just he and I. Well that shocked me needless to say. Then he said we are uniting, as a FAMILY so there should be 4 candles. That made me cry but in a good way. He loves my kids like they were his.”  Kelly, I think you are a lucky girl and so are your children!

I must say, I love, love, love Janice’s picture.  When I look at it, I smile, unknowingly, I just grin! I feel like I am part of the silliness. Don’t you?  She sent this description, “There are many things that I love.  The smell of fresh cut grass, the feel of the surf, fluffy clouds, puppy breath,,,,,  but I LOVEEEEE the sound of my hubby and daughter laughing together.”

Debbie’s [picture jumps out at me. It’s really beautiful. She said ” Love.  Simply and profoundly beautiful.”  I had to ask her what it was- a “bleeding heart” which is one of Debbie’s favorites.

Did you notice I am pictured in this collage twice?  J  I am not especially fond of either picture but Kelly’s message with the picture she sent made that one beautiful.  She said “I don't know how I would have made it through one of the most difficult days of my life without my very Best Friend!!  She has been there for me and with me just over 24 years now.  Thanks, I LOVE you!!”  I love you too Kelly, you know I do!!

My picture you may have seen but I chose to use it anyway. Every year I take thousands of photos; really I do. But I must say there are few I love more that this one photo I take every year on New Year’s. It is our first family picture of the New Year. It’s a tradition I love, that means so much to me. It’s a new beginning with all of us together.  It’s always silly and we are always laughing. I always take the picture myself, by stretching my arm as far as I can. I just love that we begin each year that way, even if it means I have to show you the view of my nostrils, year after year.  J

Sheila’s said “This ceramic pottery cheers me up when I look at it. I love the color and it reminds me that I am loved. “  Awwww! Everyone should be reminded of that, often!

Mady’s picture is interesting and unique. She said “I'm doing the 30 Hour Famine tonight with my youth group, an event where we go without food for 30 hours to raise money and awareness for hunger in impoverished countries. All the money we raise will go to World Vision -- we have a goal to feed ten children for a year! The motto of this year's Famine is "Love Hungry", hence the writing.”  Mady, what a wonderful thing you are doing. I hope it went well for you.

Justin said his picture is ofJjill and Kyle, with their son Gavin on a fun night of bowling. A lot of love is given to that little boy!  He looks adorable and tiny in the vastness of that bowling alley. Sweet stuff right there!

Sandy’s picture is really neat and I can’t say I’ve ever seen it before. She said “I debated on this one; I didn't want something too obvious. But then when I was doing something in the back garden I saw the tree behind the fence and thought mistletoe might make a good connection! Not necessarily the right time of year, but it is always green anyway.” Sandy, it turns out it was the perfect time of year. I think you went outside of the box and made a great connection to the theme.  Love it!

Jocelyn sent her picture in fairly early and I was impressed with the connection she made to the theme as well. She said her picture is “my love for Chinese art.  This painting is in my living room and is the Chinese symbol for love” I really like Chinese writing too. Very cool that it says love!

Karen sent me this message. “My love is my whole family!” And I know this to be true!  J

Jerri sent her picture and said “LOVE NATURE AND A BEAUTIFUL SUNSET!”  It is beautiful, and oh goodness, I do love the beach when the sun is going down.

Rayma had somewhat of the same idea. She said, “I love the water, blue sky and palm trees.”  Not sure why but this picture made me think of my old home in Florida. Maybe I’ve been to that spot before because I got very nostalgic when I looked at this picture. And if you know me well, then you know I LOVE the beach!

Renee’s picture looks like it could be an ad for one of the dolphin experiences. It’s a wonderful picture of her daughter. I love this one too!

Linda’s picture is cute and in fact, she had this to say, “Love to me is silly, squishable, huggable, lovable, sweet and fun and I think this sorta says it all.” 

Jenny gets the overall fun award this week.  She said “In honor of Frank...all cops LOVE donuts. “  I think I really did laugh out loud! 

So, what do you think? I think we are all very fortunate people who have an awful lot to be grateful for. So much love between us all!! 

Are you all ready for the letter A?  You better be, you only have 4 days to get it to me. On your mark, get set, GO!  See you soon!




No comments: