Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pinterest-ing Saturday #2

So we aren't  like going crazy or anything, but we are managing to do some projects. Who Hoo


This week we made some rainbow bubble snakes.




It's a bit funny that it took me seeing this on pinterest to figure this out. We've made these bubble bottles many times. I've even done this at our school for a picnic. That tells you haw much crap I save.  I had plenty of bottles and mix-matched socks.



This time we added food coloring on the ends of the socks before we put them in the bubble water.



Then BLOW!




There are a couple things I should mention. It can be messy, really messy. Messy because when I used the food coloring I made a bit of a mess on my fingers with food coloring drips. Really messy because I let Cali do her own food coloring and she dripped everywhere. I would suggest if you can not handle big mess, do the food coloring for them while they tell you what colors they want. Me, I just let her do it and figured the food coloring wouldn't last forever.


                             


We added food coloring after every two to three times we made a long snake. It kept the colors more vibrant. One time the bubbles landed on our bowl that we contain all of our food coloring bottles in. It reminded me of the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow or something like that. Isn't it cute?



Also, use a lot of soap and only a little water. The bubbles will be thicker and make longer snakes. 




Just after we started this project, the big girls told me they were supposed to be meeting friends at the beach. Cali and I just packed up our supplies and took them with us.

We didn't have near as much luck there as it was windy. Which brings me to the last bit of advice, do this in a place that isn't too windy otherwise you end up with really short bubble snakes because they blow off too quickly. (Also, if the snakes hit your clothing and they are covered in food coloring they can stain your clothing. We managed to avoid this but it is how Cali's feet were stained.

I am loving Pinterest...How about you?

No comments: