Sunday, January 07, 2007

~HAPPY NEW YEAR~

Hi all. I hope 2007 has brought a good start to all of you. In case you were waiting, here is our first picture of the new year.

As most of you know by now, we take a photo early in the new year by either Scott or myself holding the camera out and snapping a quick shot. I don't know why I enjoy this so much; maybe mostly because it's a different tradition that usually ends up in a fit of giggles. (Actually it ends when everyone decides they won't take ANY more photos and we will just have to use what we have but there are always a lot of giggles getting to that point!)

Often in years past we took the photos in our bed, first thing in the morning but this year we stayed up rather late horsing around and this was the end result. As you can tell by the view of my nostrils, I was the picture taker. And as you can also tell by the fact that I am displaying this photo, there weren't many to choose from. Oh well, such is life.

We had our normal rowdy poker game at which I was very lucky. Actually it was a lot of skill but of course to appease Scott, I'll just call it luck! WE had lots of food, far more than we could eat in one night and the kids had lots to do to!

We twirled a few sparklers, cracked a few crackers, and sprayed a whole lot of silly string and confetti squiggles. Cassi really wanted the confetti flicker sticks like we have most years but I couldn't find them anywhere this year. We made up for it with the silly string!

Every child made it to midnight and beyond and of course we all slept late the next day. It made for a tiresome return to school but it was worth it.

I hope you are all enjoying your new year and hope you enjoy our pictures!
Here's to another good year!

Here are the kids doing there first sparklers of the night. It was so cold we could hardly keep them lit!

Here is that Cori looking mighty grown, don't you think?

This is me, hiding my glowing poker face! Everything I know I learned from the WPT!

This is after midnight; the kids made a joyful African celebration dance to accompany the sparklers. It was very entertaining.

And here is the joy still flowing freely!

Cali said it was too cold, so we let her sparkle away inside!


This is some sillyness with Dad...

and Mom...

and a little more proof of the fun!

Love you all.

Vicki sent me an email adding this the Happy New Years news. There was a little poker going on in VA around the holidays as well. I think we've all watched a little too much WPT!
Left to Right: Alan, Mark & Andrew

1 comment:

Mark, Jeanie, Allie and Amy said...

What a great way to bring in the new year!! Thanks for sharing.