Tuesday, December 19, 2006

We Believe!

Merry Christmas from the Far North! It's a cold and pretty dismal day but it's certainly feeling like Christmas around these parts. We are finally accumulating a little snow, not that I long for it but it does make it feel a little more holiday-like.

On Sunday, our local Boys & Girls club sponsored a Fun with Santa day. The girls were able to go visit with the REAL Santa. There were projects to make and tables with gifts to purchase. There was lots of goodies to try and fun to be had by everyone.

Cali had only one other experience with Santa ( a helper) this year and she really didn't like it. I wasn't prepared that time so I wasn't to upset not getting photos. I had high hopes on Sunday though and the angels were looking down on us!

Right when we got there we took a number and waited for our turn. Cali looked on while we waited eyeballing the big guy. I was getting nervous, wondering if she was really going to go through with it. I had been preparing her for weeks. She told me she was going to ask Santa to bring her presents. When I asked what kind of presents, she always responded with a color; red ones or green ones.

Well our turn came quickly. Cassi went first. I am unsure what she asked for but she seemed to enjoy chatting with him. Cori went next and made it quite clear that she was taking part in this for my benefit only! I'd had a rough couple days previously; I think she was feeling bad for me. Whatever works I guess.





















Cali went up last. She was a little apprehensive but up she went. She got on his lap and took a couple of pictures. Then I asked her if she was going to tell Santa what she wanted for Christmas. She brightened up so much, glared right in his eyes and said "I want Dora Fairytale. You bring me Dora Fairytale?"





















For a while now, she has seen a Dora commercial on TV and when she does she says " I want that. I love it, my favorite." The funny thing is I didn't plan on getting it for her for Christmas. Now I've been looking for it. I told my older two Santa better find it because I can't. Of course, I am sure Santa will come through. I AM A BELIEVER!

Merry Christmas from Alaska.

No comments: